Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Letter

Wow, I can't believe it's Christmas already.  And you all know what that means, yep, we get to talk to our sweet missionary!!  Everyone is excited to talk to Miri.  We have missed her tremendously around here.  Here is a couple of highlights from her letter this week:

"Merry Christmas everyone! 

It's been really lovely to be out on my mission at this time of year. It has helped me to reflect on the importance of the message of the gospel and how it relates to the Christmas season. I am so grateful for what my Savior has done for me. He makes all of the good things in my life possible. If I trust in the Savior I will be able to be the missionary He wants me to be.

One of the things I am definitely learning is that I of myself am no different than any other member of the church. It doesn't feel miraculously different to be a missionary. What makes me different is my calling, but we don't magically change once we are ordained to a calling. We don't suddenly feel like a perfect missionary. Before I came on my mission I thought that missionaries were lead by the spirit one 100% of the time and that they always were able to recognize guidance when it came. I am learning that it doesn't work quite that way. It comes in small and simple ways just as it did before my mission, the only difference is that I need to work on recognizing and following it more. I've also learned that often we are the Lord's hands for people when we are simply doing our duty as missionaries. We may not even know what influence we have on others, but as we are doing what we are supposed to at the time we are supposed to God is able to use us for His work."

Love, Sister Haubner

No comments:

Post a Comment